Monday, June 2, 2008

New week of home schooling




Well, we are back at it. Today we are following an 8:30-3:30 schedule. Christian worked on his unit 3 reader lesson 5. He had a melt down as he was doing the copy work for 13 sentences. He is not use to working hard because in the past most things came easy for him. He likes to hurry through and on to something else. After explaining to him the importance of remembering what we read, I let him wash his face and get back to work. Because of his obedience I shortened the number to 10. He was grateful. He wants to spend one on one time with me like the little ones. I try to spend time on the couch with each one individually so they feel special, listened to, and at ease. Ethan had a rough start this morning. I picked handwriting for him first so he would have energy. He was resisting instruction and I was getting TOTALLY frustrated. I said a prayer and tried again. This time I gave him a high five for doing a great job writing little b. He responded well and wanted another high five and a tickle. He was writing both the B and b with such skill by the time we were through. He wanted to please me so he worked hard. Kara was working on the same page being a few steps behind Ethan. Her fine motor skills are so awesome she was writing legibly in minutes. She is so smart and willing to do anything. Here are some pics of table time. We also used the Igloo from yesterday to put b sounds in the box. The little ones loved doing that!

No comments: