Thursday, June 26, 2008

Crazy Week

Sigh! I'm pooped. The kids are having lots of fun this week at VBS. Tonight is the last night. It is lightning so I'm thinking splash day is out. We home schooled Tuesday and the kids went home with Grandma after VBS. Albert and I had a wilderness experience in Friendswood on Wed. and by God's grace we found out about the League City Parkway that is going in right behind the property we were trying to purchase!! What a view that would have been! I expected something when the street name was Wilderness Trail. It definitely was. We learned the entire route of the Parkway (thank you Lord for public information) and will start looking in other areas. Albert has been in limbo with paperwork regarding the Navy Reserve since we got out in 2002. He has been prayerful about it and has overcome his lack of desire to continue the process. Yesterday, Albert went to see the Navy Reserve recruiter and some of the paper work was lost so he couldn't sign the contract to serve for 3 years. I'm having a hard time facing my fears in regards to that. Keep our family in your prayers. Today, Thursday, I went to see my dermatologist Dr. Clark in The Woodlands. She asked me about my vein surgeries and I told her I needed to go back and finish up. I told her who my doctor was and she told me that going back would be impossible. When I asked why she said he was dead. I was in total shock. Apparently, March 11 he got into a domestic dispute with his estranged wife and another doctor in front of his wife's home in Bentwater. He shot at the other doctor and his car (hitting him) and then drove to a friend's house. He told her he had shot at him and the car and that he needed her car keys. She refused so he took a gun out and shot himself. Please pray for Dr. Turley's two children (my kids ages) and all those involved. How tragic. Dr. Clark referred me to a cardiologist for future vein care and she is doing the cosmetic procedures for me in October. Tomorrow we travel to Livingston to visit Elkin and the kids.

No comments: