Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Easter, Happy Father's Day!




The Hernandez family rules say that the kids must be at least 7 years old to become a pet owner. However, Ethan's prayer to get a bunny overruled the family ordinance. I went by the pet store to get the weekly supply of crickets for Dragon, Christian's bearded dragon. At the checkout, the clerk announced that I was the recipient of a free rabbit with a cage. Apparently a family returned the Easter bunny because their children wouldn't care for it. I knew it was the answer to Ethan's prayer. There is no coincidence, here. Viper, Ethan's pet turtle escaped two weeks ago. Ethan asked and prayed for a bunny. Ethan is recovering from a bruised middle ear and it can be terribly painful. The Lord heard Ethan's prayer, saw his pain, and comforted him the way a loving father would. He gave him his prayer and allowed me to deliver it. Ethan is now the happy master of a brown floppy eared girl bunny he named Bunny Rabbit.

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

I stumbled across your blog while looking for my friend's site and decided to check it out.

I think it's great to get your son a pet, however, make sure that HE is the person responsible for it...you know, cleaning the cage, feeding it, and taking it out for exercise. If you don't, he won't learn to be responsible.