Sunday, June 27, 2010

Incredible website

After Gina taught me about Kefir, I decided to do more research on healthy living. I came across an awesome website for homemakers www.passionatehomemaking.com. I HIGHLY recommend it. I found so many great recipes and tips on budget savers. This young Christian housewife is incredible! She makes delicious breads and healthy whole foods for her family of 4. She makes her own cleaners, shampoo, etc. I have lists of info. she provided to look into. Other helpful websites are given by her as well. I can't wait to try some of her recipes. I'll post the results when I get to them. She buys nearly everything organic and only spends $400 total (includes toiletries) a month!! I can barely believe it. She doesn't buy packaged and process foods. No snacks, no chips (ouch), no dinner in a bag. Another lady who is linked to her site www.heavenlyhomemakers.com was way helpful too. She feeds a family of 6 for $500 a month. She is a great gardener and I hope to one day have enough fruits and veggies too so I can read more from her on canning.
The personal care items I am suspect of. I remember trying to wash my hair with eggs in high school only to have a disaster! The Passionate Homemaker does have a lot of uses for coconut oil which I am interested in trying. Please peruse her site it is well worth your time. She states her purpose to teach good stewardship of God's resources. Amen.

No comments: