Wednesday, June 2, 2010

great, easy recipe Sticky Pecan Pie Bars

Back when we went to Cypress Top, I picked up a recipe they had available. It is sooooo good. It is a great dessert for the last minute. I can't wait to bring it for church. Here it is:

Sticky Pecan Pie Bars

1 box yellow cake mix (do not follow directions on the box)
1 stick melted butter
1 egg
combine, press into 13x9 pan (I used glass) and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until light golden brown

Filling:
3/4 cup dark corn syrup ( I only had light corn syrup so I used 1/2 of it and added 1/4 of molasses)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Pour into browned crust; bake at 350 for another 22-25 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely (we ate them warm)

(We ate ours with a can of whipped cream)

No comments: