Monday, May 26, 2008

Day One Home schooling



Well, for most today was a holiday. Not so for the Hernandez family. We decided to begin our learning journey. Ethan calls me teacher and Christian insists on raising his hand. They are cute. Kara just wants to snuggle up to her mom. Ethan practiced his handwriting by working on his name. Thanks Carrie for the worksheet. Christian is such a little sponge. He is reading Rod and Staff readers for 3rd grade. I'm having him do copy work instead of using the workbooks so I can reuse them for Ethan and Kara. He has such wonderful handwriting! I know Albert and I can't say that. Hooked on Phonics is the primary curriculum I'm using for Ethan and Kara. They both need to master their alphabet. I had them working on the Pizza, Paint and Pie puzzle from my Discovery toy collection. They were partners trying to put the floor puzzle together. I had them pose for a pic but instead of "high five" they began to whack each other. Typical. We are reading letter books from My First Steps to Reading. They love those. Now I'm working on lunch and they are having "recess" which equals swimming. I sure hope our house in Friendswood has a pool. They love to swim. Please pray for me to keep working diligently on the organizing and planning. I know God will bless and multiply my "seeds".

No comments: