Thursday, October 23, 2008

Latest Hernandez news...

The Holidays are upon us. Pumpkins and Fall festival, Halloween costumes, birthday parties, turkey dinner. I really want to get a unit study in this year on both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've ordered a lot of books from the library on Thanksgiving. I guess I'm going with the historic aspect on it.
Please keep me in your prayers. I have been sick since Monday afternoon and today I finally went to the doctor and confirmed my guess that I have bronchitis. I have my first inhaler. I was thankful but not happy with my natural immune system.
The kids went to Club Explore (which they love) and learned about the Sahara Desert. Corinne wore a traditional African dress ( I sure wish we could wear those here) for the occasion. She is an awesome teacher. I get great reports from the Kids and they actually tell me what they learned about.
Tomorrow is the Pumpkin Patch time at 7 Acre Wood in Conroe with the Homewood Home School Association. This will be our first event. The Dr. told me to cancel any plans I had for the weekend and rest. I know they will have tons of fun.

No comments: