Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Wonderful Week

We are in the swing of things around here that's for sure. Monday, began with exercise at the Y. Corinne, Katherine and I tried the Morning Mix class. She came from the 90's describes our instructor. She had us doing all sorts of things. It was kinda crazy.
Afterwards, we home schooled. Christian begins his reading lesson while I work with Ethan and Kara on Sing, Spell, Read, and Write. They sing songs and practice saying the letters phonicallly. I then work individually with the two little ones with the Hooked on Phonics program. They complete worksheets related to the letter of the week. I then spend time with Christian going over our English lesson and any questions he had over reading. The little ones play alphabet bingo, or put a puzzle together. Christian plays bingo with them or Boggle. After lunch and recess, we do History: Ancient Civilizations together as well as a book that we read for the week. We cover different topics based on the book. The two little ones either finish working on worksheets or read/rest or play. Christian and I work on dictation together which is from Proverbs. I read outloud a verse from Proverbs and he must write down what I said. I underline the misspelled words and he must look them up in the dictionary.

No comments: