Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our day

We went to church and heard a sermon on Genesis 19:15-29. The verses describe Lot being taken by the hand by the angels, he and his family, before judgment comes to Sodom. Pastor Renfro keyed in on the fact that Lot hesitated. He reminded us that we are reluctant at times to leave behind the world and its stuff. He used the family situation Lot was in and showed how fathers must do a better job than Lot in shepherding their wives and kids.
We stayed for lunch afterwards but I felt out of sorts (trial #2) being the new person not knowing many people and with Albert being gone made me much more sensitive.
This evening Christian shared with me his fears and how he misses his Daddy (trial #3). It was very touching. All I could do was agree with him and pray for him. We snuggled in my chair and he got better. The other two wanted some reassurance too so they took turns coming to see me. Ethan wanted it to be two Fridays tomorrow. Kara planned a picnic for us all to go on when Daddy comes home. I sure cherish those sweeties.

No comments: